JohnHM
Level 1: Cadet

2 months to change to Prepaid so far

It has taken 2 months for Telstra to switch my deal to prepaid from my current billing. It was supposed to be sorted via the online chat. A human never responds to me anymore 🤣. Do people still work at Telstra?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Re: 2 months to change to Prepaid so far

Hi JohnHM, certainly not the experience we want for you and I hope this has been completed since posting. The switch from post-paid to pre-paid (or vice versa) should be processed within a few hours of being requested, and if not then our account support teams can investigate and help further. If you can’t get through on the phone you should be directed to our online support teams (https://tel.st/j6bre) who can securely access accounts and help with any questions or problems. As with calls to our centres, the conversation begins with some questions from the Codi automated assistant, and it'll transfer the conversation to a consultant from there.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JohnHM

It was supposed to have been sorted with a consultant back in October. Have only had Codi Responses since. So I have begun flooding them with message history as Codi keeps forgetting what I ask and starting over. Basically given up.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

John, I personally agree that this is appalling,  as almost every post complains about customer "service".

Before the Covid outbreak I read that Telstra management wanted to digitize customer service, and the Covid situation obviously gave them the opportunity.

I am quite sure that they will lose even more customers' revenue,  than the money they think they're saving by this shocking excuse for customer service.

The number of posts almost word perfect with yours, indicates that they have thrown "the baby out with the bathwater"

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
JohnHM

It's rather ironic considering I switched to Telstra for the customer service, and was actually impressed initially back when I did. The message history is still there and Codi is still functioning in that Codi answering machine way, Telstra still send emails to me with a Bill for a service I don't use and promoting the app that will help me with customer service, but I think it's actually one of those empty shell companies now that just has a really nice front end website.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more