Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

3G 2100 coverage

Hi there

From doing a bit of Google research I can see that Telstra's agreement with Hutchison to run a 3G 2100MHz network is closing for Telstra customers on 31 August 2012. 

From what I can find doing this research, some of that 2100MHz network assets will become available for Telstra customers under an asset-split arrangement with Vodafone.

As I have a 2100MHz only dongle, how and when do we find out whether my local ex-3 mobile/Telstra 2100MHz tower will become a dedicated Telstra 2100MHz tower?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: 3G 2100 coverage

3g2100 wrote: 

From what I can find doing this research, some of that 2100MHz network assets will become available for Telstra customers under an asset-split arrangement with Vodafone.

As I have a 2100MHz only dongle, how and when do we find out whether my local ex-3 mobile/Telstra 2100MHz tower will become a dedicated Telstra 2100MHz tower?

Telstra will not be supplying services on 2100Mhz at the end of August (confirmed here), and will probably re-use these assets to deploy 4G LTE or 3G-850 (suspicion, not confirmed).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more