Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

5g plan eligibility

I'm on a Mobile BYO Plan $69 that I entered into in late May 2019 (now out of contract). Is it eligible for free 5g?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: 5g plan eligibility

I believe only the Telstra Small plan DOESN'T have 5G included, whether you can access it and actually use it depends a number of other factors.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

I hope you're right. I don't want to re-contract because the plan I'm on has unlimited international calls and the new ones don't. 

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Correct, and Telstra will want you to move to one of the new plans. If you keep quiet, just keep using is as is, and pay the bill, they might let it slide,  but recently they have bee forcing customers on prepaid plans, onto new plans at higher cost, with more data. If you especially want 5G, then the international calls will be lost - that's a trade-off only you can decide f it is worthwhile.

I have a couple of older grandfathered plans which are still being charged at the old arrangement despite being over 5 years old...  but I have no 5G to even come into the decision at the moment.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

I got an iPhone 12 today and no 5G by the looks. Bummer.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more