Obruni
Level 1: Cadet

Account Suspended LATAM

I had my phone stolen in Latam, I have a new SIM, but don't have a handset as I am waiting have a flight home

Telstra has suspended my mobile as a result of not using it

Anyone know how I get my account unsuspended as I wait to head home

I cannot find a number to call, a chatbot, a email etc etc

Or do I just move to Vodafone?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Account Suspended LATAM

Difficult to get in contact as you usually have to use the My Telstra app on a mobile phone to make contact.

The number from overseas is +61 439 125 109 (free from a Telstra phone)

Note: if it was a Prepaid service then the phone won't work overseas at the moment as International Roaming was removed from Telstra Prepaid services in October and won't be back until mid-2021.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Obruni
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Jupiter

No it is post pay, I tried the phone number, I was on it for 45 minutes and still had not gotten through to anyone

Unsure if there is an email or a different method of contact (using a local phone to call Telstra Australia runs at close to $5 a minute so when they don't answer .......)

Jupiter

You could try sending a message to the Telstra Facebook or Twitter accounts. They may be able to assist. There is no email contact available.

If you can connect your mobile to a wifi network, then you could send a message using the My Telstra app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). It can take a few hours to get a response, so you would need to keep it connected to the wifi.

I haven't heard of Telstra suspending an account because it hasn't been used. Usually it's only because the bill hasn't been paid.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more