Level 2: Rookie

Automatic transfer to roaming network.

Answered

Why do you automatically transfer me from Telstra NBN smart modem to roaming network. This slows my downloads to a pathetic slow level. You do this without any authorisayion or consent. Pathetic non service. If you do this once more i will go to a beter carrier. Also instread of childish membership badges etc concentrate on your service delivery which is hopeless

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Automatic transfer to roaming network.

What do you mean transferring you to roaming network? We don't have network roaming in this country.

Can you be a bit more specific about what is happening (devices involved would be good)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

What do you mean transferring you to roaming network? We don't have network roaming in this country.

Can you be a bit more specific about what is happening (devices involved would be good)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

On 17th March you advised that you had transferred my service to the MOBILE network without any consent on my part. .On 20th March you advised the internet service had been slowed to almost nothing dur to the transfer to the mobile network. On 6 April an NBN Techo arrived and said " You have been transferred to the Mobile Network by A Telstra Robot. I cant explain why Telstar do this " .He fixed the problem .. On 3rd June the transfer to mobile occurred AGAIN with out consent . This has been fixed and the service speed is currently 14 download and 7 upload . My complaint is why are you transferring my service to the mobile network without consent ? Can you guarantee you will stop this unacceptable procedure ?? 

Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

When the modem senses that there is a problem with your NBN WAN connection, it automatically redirects connections to the inbuilt 4G LTE WAN so that you can continue to receive limited data connectivity and voice calls during the outage. Gen 2 modems will show a blue LED on the front face to indicate you are on back up mode. When the NBN Network has been fixed it swing all connections back to the landline WAN link and your LED will change to Green.

It appears that you have had NBN network issues and the modem is working in accordance with these operations. Are you saying that this occurs and you suspect there is nothing wrong with your NBN landline. It is also possible to remove the SIM and deactivate the 4G LTE Back Up service within your modem settings - that way you will know if your NBN landline service is unstable.   

Highlighted

My new Telstra Smart Modem is fine as it was tested by the NBN Techo when he visited on 6th April. 

In this case I cant see there was a problem with the   NBN WAN connection and don't understand why it  redirects connections to the inbuilt 4G LTE WAN which slows down speeds almost to zero.

My landline service now cuts out after after 5m and the line goes dead. This fixes itself after about 10m but it will cut out again later in the day . My  speeds are now Download 9,84 upload 4.43 so this is acceptable but for how long? Where to from here to get a more stable service ? Please advise .

Highlighted

What type of NBN connection do you have (FTTN, FTTC, FTTB, FTTP, HFC, FW)? As those speeds are very low for an NBN connection.

On the face of it, it sounds like you have a fault on the NBN service and that is why your modem is switching to 4G backup (4G backup only kicks in when there is no signal coming from your NBN connection).

If you log in to your modem (https://192.168.0.1 username admin, password Telstra) and click on the Broadband tab, can you post a copy of the information that appears on that page to give us a starting point to see what is going wrong?

The click on Advanced->Diagnostics->xDSL and post a copy of the information that appears on that page as it tells us whether there are any errors occurring with the connection.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more