Level 1: Cadet

Between 3pm and 11 pm my 4g phone speeds are dropping from 99mbps DL to 1mbps. Why ?

A quick bit of background. For the past 3 months I have been having an issue with my 4g service. Any day of the week at around 3pm my 4g speeds will start to gradually drop from 99 Mbps. By 5:30 ish my DL has hit less than 1mbps. My upload speed is reduced as well but no where near as bad. It will go from 40mbps to 15mbps. 

I have had this issue all around Queensland. I have it where I live in Brisbane, and everywhere I go away to work from Rockhampton to Bundaberg, to Dalby and chinchilla. A work colleague also has a handset on Telstra and does not have this issue. He can sit his phone beside mine and is never affected by the speed loss. I thought possibly it was a handset issue as he had a new iPhone 11 and I had an older Samsung s8+. Last week I bought a new iPhone 11 Pro and I am still having this issue. 

I have spoke to Telstra and they have no clue as to what is going on. I have reseated my SIM card, turned my phone on and off a million times, Carrier is selected to auto, wifi is turned off, network settings have been factory reset. 

I am starting to get upset with it. When I am away from home I rely on my phone internet and I cannot even watch a video or send an email with photos. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more