Hutch88
Level 1: Cadet

Black Spot Site - Beaconsfield Upper, VIC

Hi,

I have just checked the status of the Planned Base Station to fix the Black Spot in Beaconsfield Upper, VIC (Base Station was to be constructed in High Street, Guys Hill, VIC) and have noticed that the status has been updated to "the base station at Beaconsfield Upper will not proceed as we have been unable to reach an agreement with land owners".

Are you please able to let me know if Telstra have any plans in place to ensure that the Black Spot in Beaconsfield Upper is fixed, or additionally what options are available to residents in this Black Spot to improve their reception, which the Planned Base Station would have done. 

Thanks

Matt

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Black Spot Site - Beaconsfield Upper, VIC

Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to information regarding blackspot elimination strategies.

The only way to improve reception is to use a repeater with antenna (which still relies on you being able to get a weak signal). They are not cheap (>$1000 installed) and you have to apply to buy one.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more