Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Blocking international hang-up scam calls with Telstra Protect

I saw the replies from the Telstra CS Rep about using Telstra protect to help reduce those annoying hang-up calls from Africa and Eastern Europe.

This is what I did, hoping both to have someone verify if it will work, and also provide better instructions for others.

Log into MyAccount, choose a service, and choose 'manage' beside Telstra Protect under applied add-ons.

Select the 'Medium Protection', in the phone number restrictions tab.  Untick international numbers (I need International calling) and untick premium services (in case you need directory assisance etc).  

In the Set Blocked Numbers box, enter the International Dialing Code for the countries you wish to block.

I blocked, +383 Kosovo, +382 Montenegro, +355 Albania, +389 Macedonia, +269 Comoros, +257 Burundi, +371 Latvia. Any I have missed?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Blocking international hang-up scam calls with Telstra Protect

Add +216, +256 & +221 to the list.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more