sydney88
Level 1: Cadet

Both Telstra 5G home internet and mobile data on phone slow since yesterday

I live in the Inner West, I activated 5G Home Wifi with Telstra last week and it was working great (350+ Mbps). My phone (which is not 5G capable) would run well on 4G.

Since yesterday morning, the 5G modem will not pick up 5G. I am getting 0.2 Mbps download and 0.1 Mbps upload.

I have reported this and I am still awaiting feedback, however, my phone (Samsung Galaxy 10) either only gets H+ or even on 4G is getting 0.4 Mbps download and 0.0 Mbps upload.

The support agents didn't seem to understand that it is strange that there are issues with both my phone and home internet at the same time.

There are no devices at home and the modem/my phone are away from kitchen appliances.

There are no known outages at my address, but I cannot work without my home internet or tethering off my phone.

How do I report and/or resolve this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Both Telstra 5G home internet and mobile data on phone slow since yesterday

It definitely sounds like there is a problem with the local tower. On the outages page, try looking at surrounding suburbs as well, as the tower that your area works off of may not be in the same suburb as you (the suburb search doesn't cover an entire postcode either, so you need to check each locality name within the postcode).

When you call 132200, try saying 5G Home Internet fault at the prompt. That should hopefully get you through to a team that knows about the service.

You could also try https://fix.telstra.com.au as it may pick up network problems better.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more