lironl2
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Calls to some Optus numbers going straight to Voicemail, no announcement.

I'm having a weird problem.  When I call two people, occasionally I get diverted to voicemail, but for some reason I don't even hear the recorded greeting, just a long pause and the beep to leave the message.  Both people are on Optus mobile.  At other times their phone rings as normal and if they answer I can talk to them, etc.

Is anyone else getting this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Calls to some Optus numbers going straight to Voicemail, no announcement.

Does it happen when you call people on other networks?

Have you tried calling thos numbers from another device or your home phone?

It could be that Optus have made changes to their voicemail system or new plans (as carriers are wont to do without notice to customers. The recipients may have set something as well or have new handsets??.

My Optus numbers are working normally though, complete with message. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
lironl2
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Just tried calling from my landline (also Telstra and on the NBN), same result.  So it's not unique to Telstra mobile.

One of the two friends I mentioned didn't change their plan or their greeting.  I don't know about the other one.

Most of my friends are with Optus so it may take awhile before I can see what happens with someone not on Optus.

SteveW_52

It's good that you can rule out it being calls from the Telstra mobile network...  ruling out 'possibles' will help work out what the issues are - those sorts of problems can be painfully time consuming to resolve...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more