stormypine
Level 3: Gumshoe

Can't retrieve msgs on prepaid mobile using free call number

Up until a few days ago I could retrieve my mobile phone messages free of charge using the 1800 number from my prepaid mobile phone.  For some reason Telstra have cut that off.  The only available option is 101 which costs money or minutes depending what prepaid plan you are on.

Furthermore trying to retrieve them from another phone either using the 1800 number or the 125102 number will also not let you retrieve msgs.  Each time, regardless if you dial either number from your prepaid mobile or an external phone it says the number is incorrect - that is the mobile number that you key in before your pin.  What's changed and why haven't Telstra advised people?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can't retrieve msgs on prepaid mobile using free call number

Hi stormypine, I hope you've been able to access your messages since posting. All of the details I can find advise the 1800 135 102 number and 125 102 are still available for retrieving your voicemail. Our Prepaid teams via the My Telstra app (https://tel.st/xbxvz) can securely access your account to look into any problems you're having with Messagebank access.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

stormypine

Thanks Greg.  It is not just my pre-paid phone.  We have another pre-paid mobile in the house as well and the same thing happened on Dec 7 when they changed the plan over from the old long life to casual (that casual plan cannot be found anywhere on the Telstra website in association with pre-paid mobiles by the way).  My phone plan did not change but the ability to access msgbank from the 1800 or 125 numbers did.  Using 101 works fine so it is not a msgbank issue per se.  It is the use of the 1800 or 125 numbers that are the issue.

The 1800 and 125 numbers work find when trying to retrieve msgs to a landline.  Just not the prepaid mobile.  Not sure about mobiles on other non-prepaid plans.  Any other ideas??

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

If your service has been moved to one of our newer Casual plans this still shouldn't affect access to Messagebank by the numbers above. Our teams through the My Telstra app can look into your plan details and have this followed up further as needed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

stormypine

Thanks Greg.  One of the phones in question is an old flip phone and not capable of using the MyTelstra app.  Furthermore I have not got any more time to waste with the app.  I still have an outstanding problem from August with another of my services which has been escalated 3 times, another to a local Telstra rep, and finally via Chat to complaints.  I am still waiting for the issue to be resolved.  I won't go into the details but as far as I am concerned it is a simple fix.

If I could talk to a real person I'm sure that problem and an explanation about the msgbank issue could be solved.  I might suggest you try to retrieve msgs via these numbers for your own mobile phone or pre-paid mobile and see if you have the same issue.  If it was just on one mobile number I would suggest it is a problem but on two?  Don't think so.  Telstra has definitely changed something or broken something.

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

I can appreciate that, and we're working to get operations in our centres back to normal as soon as possible. In the meantime if you're not able to get through on a call you should be directed to the online support teams with a link that can be used without needing access to the app. 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more