NSA1
Level 2: Rookie

Capacity of small cell and main base stations

Answered

The Commonwealth Government has a blackspot program where Telstra is installing small cell 4G LTE mobile phone "base stations". Many are installed in areas susceptible to fire and cyclone.

What is the maximum number of simultaneous phone calls which can be made to a single small cell?

The ABC is encouraging listeners to use their mobile device to access their "Emergency" website during an emergency. The fire services and the Bureau of Meteorology sites are also recommended which both contain maps which contain lots of detail which increases the data requirements for a complete display.  If all the members serviced by this small cell "base station" do this simultaneously what is the maximum and minimum data rate under these conditions and does this prevent a user from calling 000 to report a life threatening danger. What is the maximum number of users who can access this "base station" under these conditions?

What is the usual coverage radius distance from these "base stations"

Is there any battery backup and how long is it designed to operate without human intervention?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dowser
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Capacity of small cell and main base stations

NSA1
Accepted Solution

@Dowser wrote:

You can find some information at https://exchange.telstra.com.au/small-cells-bringing-fast-mobile-coverage-needed/

I had already read this link. It only answers the radius of the coverage area. But the most important questions are unanswered.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dowser
Accepted Solution

NSA1
Accepted Solution

@Dowser wrote:

You can find some information at https://exchange.telstra.com.au/small-cells-bringing-fast-mobile-coverage-needed/

I had already read this link. It only answers the radius of the coverage area. But the most important questions are unanswered.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more