justin1968
Level 1: Cadet

Changes to Telstra voicemail - now a 30 second time limit

Answered

Hi there,

in the last two days, every Telstra mobile I call has a 30 second time limit for me to leave a message (including mine and my wife's) - used to be 5 minutes - and, even worse, you get interrupted by someone telling you that you have 5 seconds left. I certainly haven't asked for this change and it seems like a terrible backward step in customer service. For years, I have relied upon a lengthy voicemail service to be able to leave and receive detailed messages. 

What next: Everyone has to have those awful "10 second messages delivered as text messages"? 

Telstra: Time to lift your game here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Changes to Telstra voicemail - now a 30 second time limit

Hey justin1961.

There's been no mention of this time being shortened from 5 minute messages, so we definitely need to have a look into why you're seeing this. 

Have a chat with us through our app (download info here https://tel.st/vsfmn) so we can take a look into it.

When you open the app, head through the "get help" tab then touch the blue speech bubble. You'll initially be greeted by our automated assistant, use short concise phrases such as "mobile faults" a couple of times to give the prompt to take you through to chat with an agent. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
justin1968

Can anyone please explain this??

StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey justin1961.

There's been no mention of this time being shortened from 5 minute messages, so we definitely need to have a look into why you're seeing this. 

Have a chat with us through our app (download info here https://tel.st/vsfmn) so we can take a look into it.

When you open the app, head through the "get help" tab then touch the blue speech bubble. You'll initially be greeted by our automated assistant, use short concise phrases such as "mobile faults" a couple of times to give the prompt to take you through to chat with an agent. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

justin1968

Thank you Stacey for your prompt reply. This issue resolved itself a month ago.

justin1968

Thank you Stacey for your prompt reply. This issue resolved itself a month ago.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more