K3
Level 1: Cadet

Compatibility

Hi,

I just bought a Sumsung GT-S750 phone and I put my existing I phone 3 sim card into my new samsung phone but it didn't pick up the Telstra 3G Network. 

So is it just the case that I need a new sim card for my new phone, so it will connect to the Telstra network?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Compatibility

Hi K3. 

Did you buy the phone through Telstra?
If not you need to make sure that your new phone is able to support Telstra's Mobile frequencies. 
If it isn't, it may not be able to pick up the Telstra 3G network, which is why you aren't seeing it

The SIM card won't be the issue, as if it was working in your iPhone, it will work in the new phone. 

Steph

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AW_99
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: Compatibility

Hi K3,

Steph correctly brought up the handset compatibility to the Telstra 3G network - I've checked this for you and your Sumsung GT-S750 is certainly capable with Telstra 3G. Its 900 & 2,100 MHz 3G Bands are listed in the phone's specs.

The suggestion I'd like to make (or possible solution to the issue) - do you know if this phone is unlocked ( if not it will be only working within specific network i.e. Optus, Vodaphone etc. ?

Be aware that ther may be a fee involved payable to the "network owner " of the phone. There are alternative ways to get it done as some websites claim to provide you with unlock code for free?

If any of the above helped you - your appreciation (Kudo) will be welcomed.

Best of luck

AW_99

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more