Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Connection issues with home wifi

Hi Telstra, 

For the last few weeks our internet has been working on and off. We have been turning the modern off and leaving it off for minutes at a time. We have turned wifi settings off on our phones and still nothing is happening. I thought it might sort it self out but it has been happening for a few weeks now. 

I have been on the Telstra gateway as well, trying to see what kind of problems i could resolve but nothing, that i have found. It says that the devices are connected but on the phones it will not connect. 

On the phone it says, this internet may not be able, but will connect but I don't get any wifi access. 

The lights on the modern are green and working, some devices connect and others don't. Not to sure what else to do, to get connected to the wifi. 

The modern we have is up to date. 

Do you have any suggestions?

Have a great night

Thanks, 

Aimee

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Connection issues with home wifi

Hi Aimee, 

I'd suggest that you try our online troubleshooting tool located here: telstra.com.au/fix.  When the page opens you'll see a heading titled 'Help me resolve a problem with...'  choose the 'My Wi-Fi' option which will run you through Wi-Fi troubleshooting and if you need further assistance after completing those steps, it will provide a reference number that you can give to the Tech Support consultant when you call on 133 933. This reference number will allow the consultant to skip those steps that you have already completed so that they do not need to be repeated.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

I am having this issue too - I had a technician out several months ago, who found no issue with my equipment and said it was an outside issue -  but since then my Broadband Gateway modem drops out intermittently once a day and sometimes more frequently - I turn everything off and restart then it is okay for sometimes hours, sometimes minutes.  I have a HP Pavilion computer with Windows 10.  

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi benniem,

That's not good to hear. Please contact our tech team on 133 933 and they will look into this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more