Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Control4 / Intercom Anywhere

Hi there

my intercom installers are blaming the Telstra smart modem for my occasional inability to connect to our control4/intercom anywhere system via our apps. Using either WiFi at home or my Telstra 4g. They said there was a security update made and that is the issue and Telstra are working on it? Any insight on this?

im using arris cm8200 / dja0231

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Control4 / Intercom Anywhere

If you are permanently unable to connect it could be due to the 2.4 GHz WiFi being faulty. If all the Wifi device are connected to the 5GHz band this would be a good indication that 2.4 GHz WiFi is faulty.

http://192.168.0.1 (password is Telstra) Advanced > Devices.

Highlighted

Thnks for that..

I’ve now disabled 5g on the modem and yes all devices at home are still connected to 2.4g.

Control4 & Intercom Anywhere seems to be connecting successfully both via 4g & WiFi for now; I’ll monitor hoping all will be good.

Highlighted

Latest update...

although I can connect to the intercom, it now seems when intercom bell is pressed my phone does ring and I can see visual of the person at the gate but when I click the green button to answer on my Intercom Anywhere app it disconnects; 

Basically my intercom (control4 device) calls my phone via the Intercom Anywhere app when the intercom bell is pressed. It rings on my phone but does Not work when I click to answer when I’m on my Telstra 4g; it does work on my WiFi when at home though. Also all other family members are on Optus and theirs works on 4g. In fact we swapped my SIM cards and my card failed to work on their phone but their sims worked in my phone.
My electrician says it’s a Telstra fault.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more