Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Coverage

Answered

I work outside Bullsbrook in WA, Postcode 6084. Before Christmas I used to have a cheap samsung phone with a pre paid yes optus sim card and I had good reception. I lost that phone unfortunately and replaced it with a cheap nokia one.

This did not have any reception at the farm. As it is unlocked I got a telstra sim card (pre-paid) and put in in the phone in place of the optus sim. I still do not have coverage. I cannot understand this as the owners of the farm all use telstra and have good reception. Can anyone offer any advice?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Coverage

Your best bet if you are in an area with poor or low reception would be to get a BlueTick handset. These handsets will have a blue tick on their advertising.

In terms of a prepaid handset, there are quite a few available that are blue tick, but if you've had a basic Samsung before and been happy with it, I'd recommend the Samsung S5511T.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Coverage

Your best bet if you are in an area with poor or low reception would be to get a BlueTick handset. These handsets will have a blue tick on their advertising.

In terms of a prepaid handset, there are quite a few available that are blue tick, but if you've had a basic Samsung before and been happy with it, I'd recommend the Samsung S5511T.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more