rd2
Level 2: Rookie

Coverage

Since the weekend we have had no mobile coverage inside our house at Yaroomba Queensland.  Before this we never had a problem, we were with Aldi and changed to Telstra for upgraded service and still no bars inside home.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Coverage

It looks like the 5G service was switched on recently on the tower on Warran Road. This may have changed the transmission characteristics of the 4G & 3G of the tower.

Which model phone are you using?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
rd2

Android Mi 9T Pro 8gb

Jupiter

It should work with all the 3G/4G bands that are being used on that tower. Are you getting reception when you go outside?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
rd2

Just checked Telstra website and it states 5g is not compatible with my address only 4g & 3g 🙄

rd2

Yes getting reception outside in certain areas but only since weekend before that it was fine inside 🙄 so annoying having to go outside to make a phone call.

Jupiter

It sounds like the 3G & 4G antennas may have been moved slightly to allow for the installation of the 5G antennas and that you were in a marginal coverage area to start with and the new alignment has pushed you into a blackspot zone.

rd2

Thanks ☺️ is there anything we can do?

Jupiter

Not much.

You could send an email to basestation.enquiries@team.telstra.com with your contact details and a detailed description of what you used to get, what you get know and when the change happened.

They might be able to investigate it and see if it is a fault that can be remedied, or if it is just a case of it is what it is.

rd2

Thanks for you help, will try that 😊

AJ56

Loss of signal in house

Since the 7-8th February 2021 we have lost signal strength in our house. We have always had a good signal in our home. I live in the Yaroomba area in Queensland. I have heard that some work was carried out to on the tower near us to improve the service on those dates. Whatever they did has reduced our service to zero in our house. I have checked our phones for campatibility and all OK. They have worked OK inside for years. My phone signal strength is - 130db inside and - 110db outside. Can only just get a signal out on footpath in front of house. So that's where we have to make our calls from. Don't have home phone, so whatever work that was done has stuffed our phone service up completely in home. 

Jupiter

Re: Loss of signal in house

@AJ56 send an email to basestation.enquiries@team.telstra.com with as much information as possible (including your address) and hopefully they will be able to look into it.

AJ56

Hi Jupiter, thanks for your response. I will give that a try. Will report back and let you know how we get on. Cheers 

AJ56

Hi Jupiter, 

Thanks for your input. We have followed up and have found out that 3g 850mhz on one of the towers in the Yaroomba area is down and they have since escalated the repair work to be carried out. This is the tower that has affected our reception. I would like to acknowledge the fantastic responses we got from the Telstra contact you gave us. The Lady we communicated with was named Anna and she was very informative and prompt in getting back to us. We also learned a lot more about mobile phones and the coverage now and into the future. I wish all Telstra communication was that good. Big tick for Anna. Thanks again to you for providing us with the link which we would not have found through the normal merry-go-round process.

@AJ56 wrote:

Hi Jupiter, thanks for your response. I will give that a try. Will report back and let you know how we get on. Cheers 

Jupiter

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad that they were able to let you know what what going on.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more