Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Day light saving for NSW 2486 Telstra users are getting brisbane timezone

Just the previous day of day Day light saving, I was getting the Sydney zone with the correct time on my mobile. Once Daylight saving stated, my iPhone is getting Brisbane timezone in NSW (Tweed Heads)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Day light saving for NSW 2486 Telstra users are getting brisbane timezone

Hi Dearsonyc, just checking to make sure this isn't still ongoing?

Let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

If you live in a border area, the safest thing to do is set your timezone manually, rather than use the Auto option.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

yes,  It is still ongoing, I am from boost powered by Telstra.

Highlighted

The question is why it got changed to Brisbane time zone since it was working fine with the correct timezone (Sydney) for a long and changed to Brisbane from the day a daylight saving started.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Ah right, you'll likely need to get in touch with Boost to see what's going on.

I know some Telstra customers did have a similar issue but it had since been sorted.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

No, I was having the same issue when I was on Telstra and recently moved to boost 

Highlighted

the handset just locked on to a Queensland tower, could have been congestion, brief outage, all sorts of reasons, but does it matter why? it did and if it is still on Qld time it is still there. And, it will probably happen again. That's why I suggested setting it manually to be sure.. your choice of course.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Highlighted

Yes, now I am manually configured.  The challenge is I use screentime lock on my iPhone to restricting the use of games for my son. once this is enabled, the iPhone automatically takes the auto timezone and lock to edit the same.

Highlighted

Just another example of Apple deciding what is best for you? Even if it is impractical?

can't help you with that, I am not an Apple FanBoy..  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more