diharvey
Level 1: Cadet

does Telstra support international roaming in Mexico

Answered

I am with Telstra and am going to Mexico and have a few questions. Does Telstra support international roaming in Mexico and if so what is the cost and how much date does the plan have. I am going for 17 days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: does Telstra support international roaming in Mexico

Yes, International Roaming is supported in Mexico.

If you are on a Post Paid plan, you can activate the International Day Pass for $10 per day and you get Unlimited Phone & SMS plus 100MB data per day (if you don't use your phone for on a day (based on AEST) you don't get charged). If you go over the 100MB, the system automatically adds 500MB (31 day expiry) for $10 that can be used as top up each day that you go over the 100MB. ie on day 1 you use 150MB, the system applies the 500MB and deducts the 50MB excess usage. Day 2 you might use 125MB, so it deducts 25MB excess from the remainder of the 500MB. You don't get hit for another 500MB pack until you have used it up.

Far cheaper than the old method.

If you are Prepaid, then visit https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming/pre-paid-mobile#prepaidplans1 to see how much the charges are.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: does Telstra support international roaming in Mexico

Yes, International Roaming is supported in Mexico.

If you are on a Post Paid plan, you can activate the International Day Pass for $10 per day and you get Unlimited Phone & SMS plus 100MB data per day (if you don't use your phone for on a day (based on AEST) you don't get charged). If you go over the 100MB, the system automatically adds 500MB (31 day expiry) for $10 that can be used as top up each day that you go over the 100MB. ie on day 1 you use 150MB, the system applies the 500MB and deducts the 50MB excess usage. Day 2 you might use 125MB, so it deducts 25MB excess from the remainder of the 500MB. You don't get hit for another 500MB pack until you have used it up.

Far cheaper than the old method.

If you are Prepaid, then visit https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming/pre-paid-mobile#prepaidplans1 to see how much the charges are.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more