ADH1
Level 3: Gumshoe

FREEDOM PLUS INTERMITTENT PROBLEM WITH TEXTING OVERSEAS

I have an unusual problem which has been going on for several years now so i thought it's time to ask the community for a solution.

I have a sim on the Freedom Plus plan (soon to be grandfathered, I hear) which I use to text and call overseas. Most of the time all works well but intermittently all SMS sent overseas simply disappear into a black hole. This applies to all sms to all countries and the problem usually lasts from anywhere from a few hours to a few days then suddenly rights itself.

I have another sim on the Simplicity plan and I found that during times when the Freedom Plus sim cannot text overseas the Simplicity sim is able to send sms overseas no problem.

The Simplicity sim and the Freedom Plus sim are both seated in Nokia C2 dumbphones but during one of these intermittent failure episodes if i swap the sim into another handset or my USB modem the problem still persists.
I've replaced the Freedom Plus sim twice but the intermittent overseas sms failure still happens. 
I mentioned this problem to the Telstra Shop the last time I replaced the sim but the rep could not offer an explanation.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: FREEDOM PLUS INTERMITTENT PROBLEM WITH TEXTING OVERSEAS

Hi ADH1,

When the problem of sending sms overseas happens, do you still have International Credit or Recharge Credit available to use on the Freedom Plus plan?

This is the only thing I could think of.

If you run out of International Credit and Recharge Credit you wouldn't be able to send an sms overseas until you recharged again. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
ADH1

No I always check balance and this is not the issue, it's definitely some kind of technical quirk.

Smiley3

Yes, it does seem like it's some technical quirk. Maybe a misalignment somewhere on your Account. 

You could try ringing 132200 and speak to the Fault's team.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
ADH1

unfortunately the Faults team seem to mainly try proving that its the customers fault

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more