Hannahem85
Level 1: Cadet

Go repeater

Answered

Hello, I have a go repeater installed at home to date no issues all of a sudden I am not able to get 4g status light has been flashing green for over 24hrs, have completed a reset with no luck and checked the outage map which is saying no issues in the area. 

any suggestions or numbers I can call??? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Go repeater

If the status light is flashing green, then it is in the startup process (but sounds like it is stuck).

If you bought it through Telstra, you could try calling 132200 and say "Smart Antenna Faults" at the prompt. If you bought it somewhere else, you should contact where you bought it from.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

If the status light is flashing green, then it is in the startup process (but sounds like it is stuck).

If you bought it through Telstra, you could try calling 132200 and say "Smart Antenna Faults" at the prompt. If you bought it somewhere else, you should contact where you bought it from.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Have you tried switching it off for 15 minutes and then on again?

Are you using the Cel Fi Wave control app?

Did you buy it from Telstra?

If you are using the Wave app, have you updated the software and checked the network settings to ascertain what Band the Go is set to?

The Telstra Coverage Department supports the Go unit, provided you purchased it from Telstra.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

PS:  Please check that the input antenna cable is firmly screwed in on the Go unit,  and the output antenna/cable is also firmly screwed in.

If possible, check that the external antenna cable connector is dry, as moisture/rain may have got in to the connection between the main outside antenna and feed in cable, and also that the   antenna is not damaged.

In response to your issue, I have just checked using the Wave app that there is a major software update. Ensure that you do not move the phone whilst the update is taking place to maintain the Bluetooth connection.

As not all outages are on the website, take your mobile phone to the cell site where your antenna is pointed, as the cell may be "down"

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more