Level 1: Cadet

GRANVILLE. QUEENSLAND. 4650

Samsung galaxy a5. 17
I am dumb and the first TO admit it. Desperate for help with antenna. Should I just pay Telstra or is there any more options. I have 1 bar at the most. Conversations in the house are nill. Does YAGI ANTENNA help me with voice and data. 4G
?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero

Re: GRANVILLE. QUEENSLAND. 4650

Do you have wifi at home? If so you can use wifi calling on your phone if its available to make calls and then use the wifi for data purposes as well.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Level 1: Cadet

No.
?

I'm not entirely sure if that YAGI would be compatible, <a href="https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Mobiles-Tablets/Looking-to-improve-your-indoor-coverage/ta-p/...> is a link to Telstra's Smart Antenna that provides more information
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

I have personal experience with the smart antenna.
Is your home signal stronger on 3G?
You can attach a Yagi to it.
For it to work please understand it's not an antenna in itself but a mini mini micro micro cell. It needs a stable signal into it.....eg rubbish in ..rubbish out.
I strongly advise you to buy it on a sell or return basis.
Radio signal propogation is not an exact science....so you really need to try it. It's available as 4GX but backwards compatible to 3G. Hope that helps
Regards
"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more