bob105
Level 1: Cadet

Has anyone had the issue of using an International Day pass but not being able to use it?

I am travelling in Germany and wanted to ensure I had access when no wifi was available so enabled Day Pass, however when I have no wifi I cannot access the internet, no e-mail, no messages or whatsApp, no maps so no way to get information. Telstra have changed me for the service because it looks like there is a small data transfer when I try to connect but no effective service is available. I have rest the network setting, ensured international data roaming, and enabled day pass. No results. Is there a setting I am missing.

Of course be wary of using. I took a day trip o Strasbourg in France and turn on the service when I arrived. I was charged day 1 when I arrived, and then the clock in Australia reset at 2pm in France and so I was charged day 2, and when I returned to Germany I was hit again for a third day of charges because it as a new country. All I tried to do in France was to look at maps to find a public toilet, tried to QR code into a cafe and look at the internet for som information. Nothing worked but I got a $30 bill.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Has anyone had the issue of using an International Day pass but not being able to use it?

You have not mentioned which plan you are on.  Check your eligibility:

Eligible destinations

Eligible international roaming destinations differ between our plans.

Source

bob105
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Has anyone had the issue of using an International Day pass but not being able to use it?

You have not read my comment. Have an eligible plan, I am in an eligible country, my phone shows the plan has started but I cannot access the internet. No functionality. I am paying for a Day Pass that has no functionality, no access to e-mails, na access to the web, no access to message apps, no access to maps. Mind you Telstra sees an attempt to connect and says the plan is active, but no functionality.  

Dowser

I did read your comment.

The page that I referred to states that you can contact Telstra Support via chat, so I suggest that you do that:

• Whether you're in Australia or overseas, we're here to chat.
Melton1
Level 4: Private Eye

“I am in an eligible country, my phone shows the plan has started”

Does this mean you received an SMS from Telstra, noting Day Pass was active, while you were away from wifi?

“I cannot access the internet. No functionality.”

Have you got mobile data turned on ?

Is Data Roaming turned on?

Have you locked Mobile data to say 5G, when there is no 5 G service available in the areas you are visiting (or 3G - maybe only 4G is available)?

Is the mobile tower signal strength icon showing on your phone ?

Have you got a fixed mobile provider in your Settings/Mobile Data section, rather than Automatic (thus preventing roaming)?

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more