Level 1: Cadet

Hotspot issue

Hi. Im having issues with my hotspot.  I enable on my samsung Android phone and the device I want to share with can connect but its not able to use the network.  I have been into a store and they fixed once but it has stopped working again.  Does anyone know why this would happen and how I can fix myself?  I want to be able to share my data with my children when we are away from home. 

With thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Hotspot issue

Hi @Ant2203 

What Samsung mobile is it, inc android version?

In the Mobile Hotspot settings if you then click on the 3 dots top right you can change the Time Out settings.

I have mine to never to time out, but I also put my mobile on charge while my hotspot is active, even if its using a portable power pack.

You can also configure your settings from the 3 dots, such as Name, Password and Security (WPA2 PSK) etc.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Ozmoz

I have an S10.  Changed time out settings still not letting other devices access data although it  says connected.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Have you checked whether Protected Management Frames is enabled in the configure hotspot settings?

@Ant2203 wrote:

Hi Ozmoz

I have an S10.  Changed time out settings still not letting other devices access data although it  says connected.

Hi @Ant2203 

Where you changed the time out settings, above that do you see "Allowed Devices"? You can manually enter their MAC address.

The Protected Management Frames that @cf4 mentions can be found in the "Configure Mobile Hotspot", where you enter Network Name, and Password, and scroll down and untick/tick (Whichever works). I think though, it defaults to off.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more