Jeez
Level 2: Rookie

How to report intermittent Tower Outage?

I have been experiencing continual outage of the cell tower servicing my home area, where the 4G signal regularly drops, after about 30 seconds I re-stablish a UMTS (3G) connection and then use this to redial the lost call (started initially on 4G). It is tower eNB 537042 (LTE) channel 28. This seems to be going up and down regularly. If I monitor the signal strength it too is wavering and used to be pretty consistent. I have walked the streets around the tower monitoring the signal strength and it keeps dropping that coincides with, for example, audio streaming dropping out.

I cannot find anywhere on the Telstra web site to report such faults and previous links provided in Crowd Support are broken.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How to report intermittent Tower Outage?

Send an email to basestation.enquiries@team.telstra.com with the location of the Tower, when the problem started and your contact details.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: How to report intermittent Tower Outage?

You need to totally eliminate your own handset by conducting the same tests with another phone.

Handsets are almost always more often the culprit.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more