RidgeeDidge
Level 1: Cadet

increase LAN ports on Sagemcom F@st 5355 by adding my existing Netgear C6300BD

My question is can I connect my Telstra Netgear to the Sagemcom  F@st 5355 Gateway using a LAN Port on the 5355 and connecting to the WAN port on  the Netgear?

My existing cable (HFC) is Foxtel cable broadband service has a Telstra Netgear C6300BD 1TLAUS gateway router installed. The NBN has just been connected and now waiting for Telstra to switch over (3 weeks delay). 

To NBN's credit they supplied a splitter and have connected the NBN connection box and my Netgear so I service until the switch has been done

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Kenobi
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: increase LAN ports on Sagemcom F@st 5355 by adding my existing Netgear C6300BD

When the change goes through, you can put your Netgear C6300 into bridge mode by disabling NAT in the Advanced Settings.

I would also strongly recommend making sure that you disable the Wi-Fi on your the Sagemcom 5355 so you don't have to worry about unnecessary interference causing Wi-Fi drop outs.    

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more