Tezzzd
Level 1: Cadet

Insufficient infrastructure in blackwater

3 years living part time in blackwater qld and the 4g,3g/hsdpa is unstable unusable and useless. Phone calls are possible but forget attempting to use your data here. The equipment needs significant upgrading to cope with the workforce and industry in the region. It shouldn't be this hard to video call the wife and kids while working away...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Insufficient infrastructure in blackwater

The tower in town just got an upgrade about a month ago when they added 5G.

What model phone are you using?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Tezzzd

Samsung s20+ Doesn't matter the device the network congestion remains the same across both 4g and 3g. There was a point when 3g/hsdpa actually had better bandwidth at night then 4g purely because of congestion. As tested by the plethora of devices people are using in camps and permanent residents.

3 years its not changed and that's using multiple branded 4g devices. If 5g is actually up and running I'll have to switch over to a 5g device but haven't bothered as the 5g map doesn't exist in my home town of yeppoon.  

Jupiter

You could try contacting the local Telstra Regional Australia Office, but the local Council may have more luck in pushing the issue.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
LeoDBWM

Yep just moved to BWM and my iphone keeps dropping out of calls was just told its bad reception. 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more