PenatSea
Level 1: Cadet

international casual traveller data pack not working!

can someone please advise on what I should do? I bought a 300MB International Casual Travelker Data Pack and when I go to connect it says it is unavailable and to try again later. I received an email from Telstra yesterday stating it was working and bought this package in good faith. What do I do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: international casual traveller data pack not working!

Did you check that your handset was compatible with the network at your destination and that Telstra has an arrangement with the local carrier?

http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/international-roaming/pricing-compatibility/index.htm

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
studoc
Level 1: Cadet

Re: international casual traveller data pack not working!

Just in case anybody else is reading this thread, I had pretty much the same experience: bought the casual data traveller pack, got the confirmation, arrived overseas to find I couldn't access the net.

When I returned home I contacted telstra, to be told that yes, they had taken my money, but hadn't actually turned the casual data pack on.......

At which point I asked for my money back, they complied....

I guess if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys....

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more