ctorpar
Level 1: Cadet

International connectivity

Just arrived in Zimbabwe with a new iPhone 8plus. It is saying SOS only. Can't connect to local network. Cannot send or receive messages. Email works on wifi. Can anyone help me? 🙏🏼

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
epicwanlink
Level 2: Rookie

Re: International connectivity

did you call before leaving to have international roaming enabled on your account ? the only reason why you would be getting sos calls only is 1.international roaming  is not enabled in your account or 2. and the most unlikely of scenario telsta has no roaming  contract with any of the carriers in the location you are currently in within Zimbabwe

you can try call int roaming faults on +61 439 125 10 or try using live chat 

Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: International connectivity

Is your service on prepaid or postpaid?

If it's prepaid, then roaming is not available unfortunately.

If it's postpaid and you have enabled roaming I'd suggest jumping on Live Chat with Telstra to make sure everything is ok on their end and look into reporting it.

https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more