Level 1: Cadet

International Day Pass

I am currently in NZ and have purchased an international day pass. I am getting charged 0.75 cents per text and $1.50 per minute for calls. The website says "With International Day Pass, for a daily rate of $10 for eligible countries and $5 for New Zealand you can make and receive unlimited voice calls and SMS to standard numbers around the world – including to Australia – while you're in the eligible countries. Standard numbers include local or international fixed-line and mobile numbers. With international roaming enabled you can use your mobile service overseas at Pay-As-You-Go rates: $0.75 per SMS and $3.00 per MB of data (charged per KB or part thereof). Voice call charges vary from country to country, so be sure to check our Pricing page for more information. If you have International Day Pass enabled you won't be charged these rates while in eligible countries."

Telstra has told me that the only calls and text included in the day pass are for me calling and texting from NZ back to AUS. Not for texts and calls within NZ. This doesn't sound right? Can someone enlighten me? Thanks!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: International Day Pass

The day pass included calls and texts within New Zealand as well.  Give +61439125109 a call and they should be able to sort it out. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

Re: International Day Pass

Thanks! That's what I thought. Both people I had spoken to at Telstra both said that it's only texts and calls back to Australia only, which makes no sense. I have been charged $68 for the text and calls I've received. 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more