Yewenyi
Level 1: Cadet

International roaming and travel pass

Do I need to activate international roaming before being able to use a travel pass or can a travel pass be used without international roaming?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: International roaming and travel pass

Hi Yewenyi,

If you have a Post-Paid service International Roaming will need to be active so that it works on a network outside of Australia. A Travel Pass simply helps with keeping costs down if you need to use your service while overseas. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mudgie
Level 2: Rookie

How do I activate the travel pass without dialling the number as I cannot call out? Can I activate online via the web?
Mudgie
Level 2: Rookie

I am using wifi where possible to get internet
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Mudgie,

If you are unable to call us (+61439125109) you can also speak with us via our Live Chat team 

http://tel.st/49kl  (available 24x7)

-    Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more