Yaama
Level 1: Cadet

International Roaming Day Pass charges

Answered

Hi CrowdSupport,

Firstly thanks for being here!

I have just read up on the IRDP (International Roaming Day Pass), and according to my MyTelstra app the pass is $10 per day, but on the email regarding to the automatic switch from my old plan to the new Upfront Mobile Plan Small, it seems to say that the IRDP is $5 per day. (In both cases I can add a data pack for $10 for 1GB that will last until depleted or for 30 days.) 

My question, is the day pass $5 or $10 per day? My plan switched over earlier this month (Oct 2021) so I assumed that my MyTelstra app would have the most up to date info. But I like the $5 daily amount much better!

Also, can someone confirm that: (1) the IRDP is triggered upon ANY incoming or outgoing transaction, and (2) that the trigger is synched to the Australian Eastern standard or daylight saving time, with an inferred starting time of midnight? So, that if my first transaction is at 5 to midnight Australian time and my second transaction 5 minutes past midnight Australian time, I will have incurred 2 IRDP's.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: International Roaming Day Pass charges

$5 per day in New Zealand, $10 per day for the rest of the eligible countries.

Yes, it's triggered by any Mobile Network activity (even background tower pings) and it is on AEST (Brisbane time).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

$5 per day in New Zealand, $10 per day for the rest of the eligible countries.

Yes, it's triggered by any Mobile Network activity (even background tower pings) and it is on AEST (Brisbane time).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Yaama
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks, Jupiter.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more