CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

International Roaming Day Pass

With the new International Roaming Day Pass, a couple of questions:

- Do I need to enable prior to going overseas or is it always on?

- If I am away for 10 days and I only use the service on the first day and not again will I be charged for 1 day or 10 days?

- Is it possible to still pay as you go?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: International Roaming Day Pass

Do I need to enable prior to going overseas or is it always on? It's always on but only charges you when it detects eligible usage

If I am away for 10 days and I only use the service on the first day and not again will I be charged for 1 day or 10 days? Only for the days it's used for so make sure you turn off roaming when not in use so you only get charged for the days you want to use the phone

Is it possible to still pay as you go? Yes you can remove the INT day pass but it can be VERY expensive to use PAYG 

Highlighted

International Roaming

Received a text to advise that Telstra will automatically issue a day pass if you switch on (activate) your phone whilst overseas (in eligible countries). 

So if I’m reading this correctly even if you don’t make any calls or use any data they will charge you $10.00 PER DAY!

Experience has shown me even with my data roaming turned off Telstra still slug a few KB daily, so I guess that too will activate the day pass!

Or am I reading this “change” all wrong?

Highlighted

International day pass

I just received a text saying that international day passes would be automatically activated when overseas. I travel with my family (each one of us having a phone) - we usually use the day pass on one phone and turn data off on all of the others. I don’t want to have to pay $10 x 4 phones when we are overseas when we are not using data on 3 of the phones. How can I avoid this. I still want to be able to call the phones in case of emergency so leaving the phones behind or not turning them on is not an option. 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more