Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

International Roaming on Prepaid

Hi,

I have recently purchased an $29 International roaming pack. To my surprise, it didn't seem include calls once overseas. When I rang up support, they said my previous phone credit (also $29) had been converted to roaming data and if I wanted call credit, I would need to recharge (again). I just want to confirm this is correct - when someone purchases a roaming pack, they lose all their phone credit? This doesn't make any sense to me...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: International Roaming on Prepaid

Hi Billy2000

Sorry to hear of the confusion this has caused you. 

You can find information regarding using your device overseas, 

Using your service overseas International Roaming is automatically activated on your service. You can use your recharge credit or Extra Credit for calls, SMS and data use overseas. These costs are higher than in Australia. The main charges that apply: • calls and SMS while overseas – for rates, see telstra.com/roaming/prepaidpricing • data while overseas – $3 per MB (charged per KB or part). Our International Roaming Browse Plus Packs provide a set amount of data to use in selected countries for 30 days. These are available at telstra.com/roaming/prepaidpacks For information about using your service overseas and how to monitor your usage and other useful tools, visit telstra.com/overseas and telstra.com/manageirusage To de-activate International Roaming, call us on 125 8880.

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf/cis-personal/mobile/Prepaid-cis-final....

Kind Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more