windrc
Level 2: Rookie

International Roaming Travel Pass

I called Telstra yesterday and requested roaming to be activated and bought 14+3 days of international roaming travel pass. The consultant on the phone told me its all set up and i will be all ready to go.

I received a text saying my roaming is activated this morning just before my flight took off. I arrived HK 2 hours ago and my phone is just showing SOS only. I've turned on data roaming on my iPhone and my iPhone is unlocked. 

There's the free number to call Telstra but I'm unable to do so without network. 

Can Telstra please help me! Or reverse the international travel pass for me.... I am not paying $200-300 for nothing. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: International Roaming Travel Pass

I have heard of some issues in Asia at the moment. Best bet is to jump on 24x7 Live Chat and report it direct to Telstra.

ttps://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
windrc
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks. The 24/7 chat won't load properly on my iPad Pro (another fail!) and I can't get into contact with Telstra. But I hv lodged a complaint with Telstra requesting a refund. 

My iPhone is unlocked and has the latest update. I've restarted the phone a number of times. Even tried resetting network setting. But still no roaming on my phone. Not happy 😞

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Windrc, 

I can appreciate how frustrating this would be for you. Can you please advise are you still in Hong Kong? Has any recent changes been made to your phone? Is it a Prepaid or Postpaid service? 

Kind Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more