akbb32
Level 2: Rookie

International roaming

I am in NZ with my prepaid mobile phone. I had purchased an international data roaming plus pack for $89 before leaving. Have not used data as I can connect to friends wifi network but I can’t send sms or voice call to my sons mobile. Problem has only started today, yesterday I spoke & sent sms to him no problem. WTF is happening. The add on doesn’t expire til end of December.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Ads
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: International roaming

Hi akbb32, I apologise for the delay in responding, Are you still having troubles sending SMS's

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

reubenfarrelly
Level 2: Rookie

I'm in NZ roaming at the moment on postpaid, and my and my son's phone independently cannot call local NZ landlines (number disconnected tone no matter what the format of the number being called is).  I can however call NZ mobiles and also AU numbers just fine and data flow is OK.  I've spent a few hours on the phone with Telstra already trying to get it resolved, it is being escalated.

I'm not sure this is related to your problem, but it seems like there could be something amiss with roaming to NZ at the moment.

I have never had this problem before but we only arrived in NZ yesterday (16/12).

Ads
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi reubenfarrelly, what network are you connecting to over there?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more