Fikia
Level 1: Cadet

iphone 6 no service

Have no signal on my mobile phone just an SOS but service is active with Telstra. Tried resetting Network settings & restarting phone but no avail . Reported the fault to Telstra but couldn't help me . Put an fault with Trouble Ticketing. Have been with out no signal for 2 days. Could it be the SIM card - faulty ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Re: iphone 6 no service

Hi, I'd certainly go down the dead sim path. I don't supose you have a family member or friend that could offer there sim for a brief test, just to rule out the phone?

Failing that you could pop in to a Telstra shop and they could offer a replacement sim (and activate it) for the phone.

Cheers,
Dave

KiahHickson
Level 1: Cadet

My phone has just popped up with SOS only today. I recently changed plans and received a new iphone 6s and continued to use my previous sim card. Maybe this is the problem. I am in the queue waiting for some feedback at the moment. 

They did send a new sim card with the phone but I didn't think this was neccessary to place as the instructions provided didn't state that I needed to replace my current sim with their new one. 

Also I have logged on and I can see that on my account they have not updated my current plan to replace my old plan. 

Weird. I will post the outcome - if there is one. 

Matt_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi KiahHickson,

How did you go with this issue? Do you require further assistance?

-Matt W

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more