Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone & International Roam

Going to Thailand in 7 weeks, last time I went cost a fortune, my phone is locked in contract, can I put a prepaid sim into it or other suggestions to save dollars????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: iPhone & International Roam

@HelenWheels wrote:
Going to Thailand in 7 weeks, last time I went cost a fortune, my phone is locked in contract, can I put a prepaid sim into it or other suggestions to save dollars????

You have given yourself plenty of time to avail yourself of the free unlock that is available to Post-Paid iPhone customers (Not Including Pre-Paid iPhone 3GS).

Have a read of http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2012/05/03/how-to-use-your-iphone-overseas/ for details on how to get the ball rolling

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

See http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2012/05/03/how-to-use-your-iphone-overseas/

… other suggestions to save dollars????

Leaving your phone at home in Australia when you travel abroad saves on mobile usage charges even more.

Edit: Beaten again!

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Drat wrote: 

Edit: Beaten again!

Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Smiley Tongue

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

I'm hoping a Mod can edit the thread and slip an answer in on top of Ben's =P
Lathania

@Lathania wrote:
I'm hoping a Mod can edit the thread and slip an answer in on top of Ben's =P

Thats cheating Smiley Tongue

New Users - Click Here!

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more