MaddyN
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone battery issues and no service

Hi, I have an iPhone 6 and for the past few days the battery has been playing up. It will go from 80% down to 30%, then turn off. If it turns back on, it'll go up to about 60%, then down to 3% and turn off, etc.

I was thinking that it was a problem with the iPhone itself, however now my phone is either saying SOS Only or No Service. I've held down the lock and home buttons to do a reset and that brings the service back, however after a few minutes it goes back to SOS Only then No Service.

My Network Selection is set to Automatic. I've tried turning that off and selecting 'Telstra' but it doesn't reconnect.

I've recently done the latest iOS update. The battery problems were occuring before this update, but not the network issue.

Any assistance would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Re: iPhone battery issues and no service

Might be worth a popping into a Apple store as yes there's something certainly going crazy.

What ever you decide first point of call would be to back the device. Maybe a encrypted backup via iTunes as it'll hold more sensitive data.

http://www.apple.com/au/retail/storelist/

Cheers,
Dave

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more