Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
p0ssy
Level 2: Rookie

Re: iPhone not able to send SMS to android phone

hi 

I have an iPhone 10, UTD with software updates. SMS works perfectly between iPhones etc but unable to send / reply to an SMS from a non-iPhone.  I have a iPad with a sim card and same problem there too.

Is this a Telstra issue or some setting not in place?  I have MMS switched on, I have toggled about every setting I can think of and still not working . 

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Sending messages between Apple products can be achieved via iMessage (using an internet connection).

To send an SMS to the Android phone, try turning iMessage off in Settings-> Messages

You could also try resetting the network settings in Settings-> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Is it an Android phone that you are having trouble responding to, or any Android phone?

If it's just one number, did they used to have an Apple phone? They may have had iMessage set up on their service and forgotten to deactivate it. If it's not deactivated, then other Apple phones will continue to try and send messages to the iMessage account rather than as a normal SMS.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
p0ssy

hi 

yes I tried turning off iMessage and had reset the Network settings - still getting the Not delivered message

p0ssy

I have two recent texts from - presumably 'non Apple" phones as the messages are in green rather than blue

And I cannot respond to either of them ..for one of them I am now using Facebook messenger but puzzled that I cannot respond to text 

Dowser

You could put your SIM card into another phone and see if that allows you to send text messages. This could isolate the issue to your phone or your phone network service.

Jupiter

Have you checked the message centre number in your settings to make sure that it is correct? It's normally +61418706700

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
p0ssy

okay that's a good idea .. might try that tonight 

p0ssy

ummm.. where is that in Settings? not aware of that number

Jupiter

Dial *#5005*7672# and it will show you what the current number is set as.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more