Mark-4065
Level 1: Cadet

Issues after porting mobile number to Telstra

Answered

I ported my mobile number from Spintel (on the Optus network) to Telstra a week ago. 

Telstra support say the number porting has been successful, however I have the following issues:

1) Intermittently, people have told me that when they call my number they get a message that says "Optus advises that the number you have called is currently disconnected". If they hang up and call again they get through to me....

2) during phone calls, many calls just drop out, the call stays connected but no voice in either direction, I can't hear the other party and they can't hear me. This has occured with callers on the Optus and Vodafone network, possibly others but not confirmed at this stage. 

Issue #1 above  suggests the porting of my number has not completely completed - the Optus network still seems to think that my number still resides on the Optus Network....

Not sure whether issue #2 is related to issue #1 or a sperate issue. 

I'm reluctant to call Spintel as I'm reasonably confident that they will tell me they can't help me because I'm no longer a Spintel customer. I'm reluctant to call Optus as I'm pretty sure they won't help me as I've never been an Optus customer (only used the Optus network through my account with Spintel). 

Telstra support (through the messaging app) have been unhelpful and tell me nothing more than "the system says the porting of the number was successful". 

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Issues after porting mobile number to Telstra

You will need to ask Telstra to contact the Spintel (Optus) porting team to get them to check that the appropriate redirections have been put into the numbers database.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Re: Issues after porting mobile number to Telstra

You will need to ask Telstra to contact the Spintel (Optus) porting team to get them to check that the appropriate redirections have been put into the numbers database.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more