Level 3: Gumshoe

Just like clockwork

I can set my watch by it! 

Every day between 3:30 pm and 9:30 pm the internet becomes slow, almost unusable. 

I have an unlimited data plan, $200 per month. With it I have Foxtel and have subscribed to sport, and it is between these times when I need the Internet the most, so I can watch the NRL - but all I get is buffering, pauses, hiccups and fuzzy screen.

It is very irritating since I am paying $29 per month plus $200 for the unlimited Internet, and yet it is hardly usable, just a waste of money, really!

Since it is regular and out of those times I have the best connection, and can even stream live sport to more than one device, clear, without interruption or buffering! There is NO WAY I can do this during 3:30 and 9:30 pm time zone! I am lucky to get live streaming to ONE device, and a very poor image quality at that!

Come on Telstra, improve your network in Broken Hill, build more towers, what ever it takes to get so we are getting value for money - not this SLOW PATHETIC connection during 3:30 pm and 9:30 pm! Especially when I want to watch LIVE SPORT (NRL) during those times! Really pathetic! Again, out of those times your connection is perfect - this proves it is your towers not coping during the peak period. Get it fixed!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Just like clockwork

Hi @PeterAndrew1967

Sorry to hear of the frustration.

I would recommend lodging this feedback online via: https://tel.st/e6alx

This will get passed onto the team so we can collate data for the area and then our network engineers are able to help investigate areas in more detail.

Please let me know how you go.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

That link is broken.

Support Team
Support Team

Hello, please try this link  https://tel.st/bq3sf

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Covered with 4G. That's a given because speeds before 3 pm and after 11 pm vary between 20 Mbps and over 45 Mbps. So very fast and reliable connection speeds during those times. I love Telstra then!

However between 3 pm and 11 pm which is peak period, Telstra cannot handle the load. I get speeds between 0.65 Mbps and 1.2 Mbps. I struggle to watch anything during these times, and forget about the kids trying to watch their kids shows on Foxtel or YouTube at the same time, there isn't enough capacity to share the internet then. Any other time they can, no buffering, no hiccups. Smooth as. 

It is consistent, each and every day, same times. This means it is at your end. It is not only my device, my wife's device suffers during the same period, each day, just like clockwork. Get it fixed.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting me know. I recommend reporting this issue via https://tel.st/d8ext which will assign a mobile technician to investigate further. 

Thank you . . . it now is being looked into.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more