PsychoMagnet
Level 1: Cadet

Little to no Mobile reception in Bellbowrie Port Macquarie

As per the Subject, Over 100 Business's 1.2km from the heart of the town of Port Macquarie are struggling to get any type of reception. I'm paying over $120 a month for a mobile plan that is unusable. I am in the Bellbowrie area. I can walk to town in 10 minutes. 

Everyone is complaining. 3G works sometimes but if you move more than 2 feet it drops out. What can we do? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
thedylan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Little to no Mobile reception in Bellbowrie Port Macquarie

Hi @PsychoMagnet,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your mobile service, have you spoken to our Mobile Faults team about this on 132200? They are the experts on these issues and should be able to run through some troubleshooting with you to work out where the problem lies and get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

If you are sure there are others with the identical issue... it points to the cell site. Have you checked on Telstra outages website??
If not there.... ring Telstra technical support and ensure they know
"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
PsychoMagnet
Level 1: Cadet

Thankyou for your response. I will call faults.

Regards

Steve

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more