Jade92
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Data

Answered

Hello,

My data works fine but whenever I go to my family house my data is so slow I try to search or try to watch a video nothing will load or will take forever to do anything, I have data and mostly full signal, I can walk out the front door and look at the tower but still get nothing. It's not just my phone it is my dad and sister as well.

I recently visited the local hospital which is on top of a hill and can clearly see the tower and I can't get anything there as well 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Data

Send an email to basestation.enquiries@team.telstra.com along with your details, the tower details and the screenshots of the speedtests that you did.

It looks like there it is either congestion on the tower, or a fault (the sharp drops in speed after the start of the test would lean me towards a possible fault, a smooth increase in speed it what I'd typically expect to see on a speedtest).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @Jade92 

When that happens to me I find I need to disable WiFi (Even if its not using it).

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Dowser

What download speed do you get with a speed test ?

What is the address of the tower?.

Jupiter

The tower that you can see, may not be a Telstra Tower.

Go to rfnsa.com.au , type in your address and you can see the details of the towers in your area.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jade92

I did a couple of speed tests on my phone and dads.

The tower location -

Jade92

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Send an email to basestation.enquiries@team.telstra.com along with your details, the tower details and the screenshots of the speedtests that you did.

It looks like there it is either congestion on the tower, or a fault (the sharp drops in speed after the start of the test would lean me towards a possible fault, a smooth increase in speed it what I'd typically expect to see on a speedtest).

View solution in original post

Jade92

Thank you I will try that. 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more