Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile download speed very slow

Hi, is anyone having trouble with 4G download speeds at the moment?? The best I can get is 1.8 mbps

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Mobile download speed very slow

Yeah, our service has become appalling over the last week or so, Signal strength hasn't changed and ping times are good but download speeds are especially pathetic:

Mbps
Download speed
Mbps
Upload speed
ms
Ping speed
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Mobile download speed very slow

Speed issues on mobile networks are usually quiet localised and are highly impacted by increased usage. If you are in an area for example where a lot of people are currently working from home or quarantining at home that is likely increasing the demand in the local area to significantly higher then usual. 

On the other hand, I live in an area which is generally busier with tourists and mine is running faster then usual at almost 100Mbps, when it would normally be sitting about 30-50Mbps. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more