wiccagal
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile internet

Hi All.

I have a prepaid mobile internet dongle which I use when I am traveling for work.  Never had a problem until last year when I stoped traveling (thanks covid) and haven’t needed to use it. Now it’s not showing on my Telstra account, it’s showing limited service and looks to have “expired”  however I can find no mention in the T&C that you need to continuously keep it charged to keep using it, and I am really pissed off that for some reason Telstra has decided it’s no longer valid -  I bought it outright and expect some sort of continuity of use or availability to use.  

can someone shine some light on this-  can I get it reactivated?  I refuse to buy a new one if it just stops working at some point because Telstra says so. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Mobile internet

To get the device reactivated you can buy a new $2 SIM or a prepaid starter kit that includes a SIM, insert SIM in the device and activate it. You can often get a starter pack for half the price of the included recharge. At the moment Telstra is offering the $30 recharge starter kit for $15 (Pre-Paid mobile broadband SIMs, plans and devices - Telstra) Supermarkets also offer discounts on recharges.

I assume you had a prepaid mobile data plan. All prepaid mobile plans are disabled six months after the expiry of the last recharge.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more