cambowambo
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile phone activation taking more than 48 hours

Answered

I selected a plan, signed up, received my SIM and installed it on Monday. The activation process asked for my phone number and said it could take “up to 48 hours” to activate if coming from another provider (which it is) - that time was up yesterday. I have no service and my Telstra App does not show anything in “my orders” or in “my services”. If I use the App for help I get asked to sign up my SIM again. It is an infinite loop because the order and the service do not appear and I get asked to sign up yet again. What can I do to get my number working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile phone activation taking more than 48 hours

You will need to chat to a consultant.

Send a message by either:

• the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • logging into your account via the telstra.com.au website

and then go to the Get Help tab and click on the blue icon at the bottom of the screen (labelled Message Us on the website, icon only on app). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response. If you use the app, you will get a notification on your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

You will need to chat to a consultant.

Send a message by either:

• the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • logging into your account via the telstra.com.au website

and then go to the Get Help tab and click on the blue icon at the bottom of the screen (labelled Message Us on the website, icon only on app). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response. If you use the app, you will get a notification on your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

perdox808
Level 3: Gumshoe

Using the app is useless. You are writing to people who do not understand what you are getting at. They will say that they have fixed the problem. They will ask you to wait for 24 hours. Then wash, repeat.

Just go straight to the Telecommunications Ombudsman website and lodge a complaint. It doesn't take all that long. Every time we lodge a complaint, Telstra gets a black tick against its name. Also, I think they get fined. I received a reply from the Ombudsman stating that Telstra has until 29 April to fix the problem. Let's see what happens.

cambowambo

Thanks. Ill try the web site as I cannot use my phone because Telstra haven't connected it :-)

cambowambo

I have the Obudsman bookmarked. My service was supposed to be working by yesterday, I don't really want to wait until the end of the month, but if the web site doesn't get me there, Ombudsman it is :-)

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more