Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Mobile Phone - Cannot Receive Calls

Hi

Unsure if this is the correct board however I believe that my problem is related to my SIM card or network settings.

I recently purchased a new Motorola G8 Plus to replace my aging Motorola G5 S. Installed my Telstra SIM and restored my apps, contacts settings etc from Google. I realised several days later that I could make calls however not receive any. SMS I could receive and send.

I re-inserted my SIM into my old phone and found the same problem was occurring, whilst previously it worked OK. I used Telstra Smart Troubleshooting and a trouble docket INC11250384 was raised. When I went to check the docket status today it was closed. I went through the process again and another docket INC11259098 was raised. A link was provided to fault tracker which required me to use CODI and go through a number of tests again. I made a mistake answering a question. Thought I would start again however the same session keeps being displayed.

I tried diverting all incoming calls to my home phone and later to my mobile voicemail and although diversions were registered on phone, when tested the same problem occurred. 

How can I initiate a message conversation with some-one to overcome this problem. Meanwhile I have requested a new SIM however this request could be rejected.

Regards

Peter Scott

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Mobile Phone - Cannot Receive Calls

Have you checked the Message Centre number on your phone to make sure it's correct (+61418706700). You can find it by going into the messaging app, then settings, then more settings, then text messages.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more