Kerry_13
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Porting Issue - Bad Service or Telstra just doesnt care?

is the porting service generally this bad? or Telstra just doesn't care

Activated my card on 12/02, called on 15/02, 17/02,19/02 even visit the store on 20/02. All the can say, we will escalate the issues and get back to you in 24-48 hour?? We will contact you and yet it is not fixed and no one contacted me since. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Mobile Porting Issue - Bad Service or Telstra just doesnt care?

Did the provider that you are porting from contact you to ask if you has requested the port (they are required to)?

If you didn't respond to them, they may have rejected the port request.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Kerry_13

Hey Jupiter,
I have tried that already... otherwise i won't be so desperate to post in here. 

Jupiter

The other main reason why porting can sometimes fail is if the customer details don't match exactly.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Kerry_13

Just found out they have forgot to submitted the request on 17/02? even after I contacted them on 19/02 and 20/02? Seriously?
But I am glad at least I have someone that is helping with my case now. 

My Telstra

View and activate your international roaming status, and purchase international Data Packs with the My Telstra app.

Find out more